The Lubomirski Castle in Rzeszów
The Lubomirski Castle in Rzeszów is one of the main monuments of the city, erected in the years 1902-1906 on the site of the former Lubomirski Castle. Currently, it is the seat of the district court, and until 1981 there was also a prison there. The first defensive structure was built here probably in the 16th century, and then at the end of that century, Mikołaj Spytek Ligęza built his defensive manor in Rzeszów, in 1620 he expanded it in the style of a palazzo in fortezza. From 1637, the castle was owned by the Lubomirski family. The main construction works on it were carried out by Tylman of Gameren and Karol Henryk Wiedemann. In 1820, the complex was taken over by the Austrian authorities and adapted for judicial and prison purposes. Due to the poor condition of the structure at the beginning of the 20th century, the existing building was demolished, and only the gate tower and bastion fortifications have survived to the present day.
- 0 min