Orthodox Church of st. Paraskevy in Kwiatoń

Description

Orthodox Church of st. Paraskevy in Kwiatoń is an old and at the same time the best preserved Lemko Greek Catholic church, situated on the Wooden Architecture Trail of the voivodeship. Currently, it is used as a branch church of the Roman Catholic parish in Uście Gorlickie. The tiny and at the same time very rich temple has been inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List and is considered the prettiest in the Podkarpacie region. It is a wooden carcass structure with a tower with sloping walls. The interior attracts attention with rich polychrome, incl. imitating marble cornices, columns, as well as a beautifully gilded iconostasis by Michał Bogdański from 1904. The main altar dates back to the 19th century, and in the nave there are two side altars with the icons of the Mother of God with the Child and the Descent of Christ from the Cross. Beautifully blended into the Lemko landscape, the church delights not only residents, but also tourists.

Map

More details

Stay:
60 min
Category
Culture