The Town Hall in Rzeszów is the most impressive building in the town square, erected before the end of the 16th century by Mikołaj Spytek Ligęza as a private facility. At the end of the 19th century, the building was taken over by the city authorities. The adaptation of the town hall building for the needs of the City Council was undertaken in 1867 and 1884, and in the years 1897-1898 it was thoroughly rebuilt and extended. The second floor was added, a representative staircase was built, two towers above it, the building was extended to the east by a part based on arcades, creating a large conference room on the first floor. As a result of these works, the town hall acquired the features of the then fashionable pseudo-Gothic style. Recent studies of this building revealed fragments of old walls and vaults in the basement, as well as cellars reaching up to Słowackiego Street.
- 30 min