Minor Basilica of The Nativity of the Blessed Virg
Minor Basilica of The Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Gorlice was built in the Neo-Renaissance style in 1875-1890, according to the design of Franciszek Pavoni and Maksymilian Nitsch. In the years 1920-1931 it was rebuilt after numerous damages during the First World War. The monumental facade of the church refers in its form to the classical style, and is decorated with stone sculptures of the four Evangelists. The stained glass windows depicting the saints deserve special attention. The interior of the church is decorated with the main altar, designed by Leonard Marconi, dominated by a beautiful painting of Mary Immaculate by Jan Styka. On its sides there are statues of saints, Wojciech and Stanisław. In the left aisle you can see an altar with graces, the famous statue of Jesus in the prison, probably from the 16th or 17th century, while in the right there is an altar with a statue of Jesus with an open heart – a place of Perpetual Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, an icon of Our Lady of Perpetual Help or Marconi's cross. In 2009, by the decision of Benedict XVI, this church became a minor basilica.
- 60 min