Orthodox Church of st. Trinity in Gorlice
Orthodox Church of st. Trinity in Gorlice was built in the form of a Greek cross in the Byzantine-Ruthenian style and topped with one main dome and five smaller ones. It was created in memory of the martyr's death of Fr. Maksym Sandowycz (Maksym Gorlicki), shot in 1914 by Austrian soldiers, whose relics were placed here in September 2007. Inside the temple there is an iconostasis from one of the Bieszczady Orthodox churches destroyed in the post-war period. Next to the church there is a metal belfry with three bells. In 1999, the Diocesan Museum was opened in the rectory building, and in 2009 the church was elevated to the rank of a cathedral.
- 60 min