The Concert Shell in Krynica-Zdrój
The Concert Shell in Krynica-Zdrój is a historic, representative stage building for the spa orchestra, situated on the promenade in Krynica, on the western slope of Góra Parkowa, between the New Spa House and the Main Pump Room. At the end of the 19th century, a pavilion for the Spa Orchestra, which performed in the summer season from 1875, was built. The present concert shell was built in the interwar period on the site of the previous wooden pavilion. It was built in the neoclassical style and is an object of great architectural interest. There are two rows of stairs leading to the building, which meet at the back of the building. On the facade of the shell there is a plaque commemorating the internationally renowned Polish singer Jan Kiepura, as well as a relief of his face. This tenor built the „Patria” villa in Krynica-Zdrój and has performed many times on the promenade in Krynica. Currently, in summer, various concerts are held here, which make the stay of patients and tourists more pleasant.